Click here if you like the post! ^^

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Dad


All those times I cried for you, you never came
Out of all the sports I played

You never showed up at one game
All of the awards I received

I never heard you clap
You were never there

For me to sit on your lap
All the times I fell

and scratched my knee
You were the one who wasn't there

To comfort me
All those times I was bored

And wanted someone to call
You still weren't there

Not there at all
I always tried to make you proud

Hoping you would love me more
but you never seemed to care

So what did I even do it for
You weren't there for any of my firsts

Might not be for any of my lasts
It's like you're not here in my present

Just like you weren't there in my past
I try to move on

But no one knows how hard it is
For your own father not to love you

As much as he loves his other kids
But I hold my head high

To keep things from looking so bad
But deep down I still wish

I had love from my dad

© By Jacqueline M. Smith

No comments:

Multi-styled Text Generator at TextSpace.net