Click here if you like the post! ^^

Sunday, April 26, 2009

To My Beloved

You had a talent for bringing special meaning to life,
It was such a pleasure to be your wife.
You helped me to grow and to realize
The fullness and the beauty in our lives.

Every day I counted my blessings.
Then God called, and you went away
Out of this world to a brighter day.
Suddenly my life of gladness
Turned to utter sadness.

My grief wears me down, I shed so many tears,
As I recall your love and devotion through the years.
For your sake and in memory of your name,
I pray for strength to do things the same.

To reach out, to fill the hours with useful ways,
To comfort, to cheer and have no more empty days.
I try to console myself -- it was God's greater plan,
So I must accept it, if I can.

You moved away to His splendid home above,
If there is life after death,
I know you will be waiting there for me,
With love.

Though Heaven and Earth divide us, and the distance is so great,
I count my blessings for the years you were my mate.
I will live my life remembering, while you wait, slumbering.
My beloved, may you rest in peace.

By Celia Wenig

No comments:

Multi-styled Text Generator at TextSpace.net